Toddler hairbands

The Small Human is of an age where she enjoys dressing up just a little. I've been making some hairbands for her using scraps of yarn, which as an added bonus also gives me the kick of near-instant gratification!

The first band features a crocheted flower with leaves. The flowers were made in the same way as those featured in this previous blog post. This time, I used 2 strands of malabrigo lace held together, with a 3.5 mm hook. The leaves were made using sport weight brown sheep yarn. The band itself was knit using DK scraps, in 2x2 ribbing. I think I'll need to experiment with elastic knitted fabrics for any future bands.  

This second band is a length of 5-stitch i-cord; it was knit on 3.5 mm needles with 2 strands of malabrigo lace. It ties like a ribbon, but the woollen fabric is just a little more grippy, so it should stay in place for a little while. 

These hairbands are fun to make, and fun for herself to wear, so I suspect there will be more in the future. I'm resisting the temptation to make some bizarrely oversized fascinator though!

Comments

Popular Posts