Finished Knit - Embellished Toddler Hat (aka The Small Human Cosy)

Over the last week or two, I've been trying to force myself out of a knitless slump. By... well, knitting. A really wonderfully dotey tea cosy picture shared by SpillyJane Knits on twitter gave me the boot up the arse that I needed to get knitting. Specifically a dotey Small Human cosy.

The hat is knit in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino leftovers from a while ago. It is knit in reverse stocking stitch with columns of slipped stitches.

I used embroidery floss from A Rubanesque and buttons from This is Knit as embellishment.

It's been quite a long while since I have attempted embroidery; I made little effort to keep the stitches uniform, and kinda fudged some stitches I vaguely remember using in my pre-teen years. I'm happy with the results, and it has enough growing room for another Autumn/Winter season.

Of course, I now feel the need to embellish All The Things.

Thanks to Spilly Jane for sharing the pictures of her wonderful tea cosy.

Comments

Popular Posts