Finished Knit; Owlet jumper

This was the only knit project I cast on and completed during the entire month of April. It's the lovely Owlet by Kate Davies.  It's become a bit of a tradition that the babies of my family receive their own Owlet for their first birthday, so my own Small Human *needed* one too. I knit the largest baby size, and it should be perfect for next winter, with an extra bit of growing room. She's wearing it here over another knitted garment.

I used a little over 3 balls of Rico Essential Soft Merino Aran, in an almost-oatmeal colour.
The yarn is lovely to knit with, is machine washable, and I am assured it wears very well.
I omitted the buttons-as-owl-eyes as I suspect the baby would chew them off the jumper. Perhaps the next one shall have buttons, or embroidered knots instead?

Comments

Popular Posts