Shake Shake Shake! Shake your bootees...

I've just finished another pair of bootees based on the Oh Baby! Baby Bootees pattern. This is the fourth pair I've made for the little one. They keep her warm, and with some modifications, they (mostly) stay on her feet. 

This particular pair gives me the opportunity to show off some handspun yarn too!


I used about 120 metres of yarn to make this pair, following instructions for the 6 month size with a few modifications;

I cast on 18 stitches for the cuff (a little more than in the pattern), as I tend to pull the cuffs up over her legs when out & about.
I added a row of eyelets along the ankle, to allow use of an i-cord tie. The i-cord keeps the bootees on her feet quite well (nothing will stay put forever on baby feet).
I knit the instep for 8 garter stitch ridges (slightly more than in the pattern) as baby's feet are getting longer.
I enjoy making these bootees; there's something really satisfying about simple garter stitch combined with the multiple colours in this handspun yarn. I'm just wondering what modifications I will need to make for a larger size  - I'm determined to keep her feet covered in knitting until she's ready for proper toddling shoes!

Comments

Popular Posts