Finished baby knits

I've been working my way through a pile of almost-finished baby cardigans & have made progress!
Some of these projects have been languishing for years, literally, so it feels good to have completed them finally.

Pattern; Angle by Tora Froseth
Yarn; Debbie Bliss Rialto 4 ply (blue & orange) and Schoppel Wolle Admiral Ombre (barely visible yellow). 
Button from This is Knit
This one has been months in the making - I made a few errors & had to rip sections due to simply not paying attention to the pattern. I may have fudged it a bit in the end but am happy enough with the finished result. I would make this again, but actually pay attention!! 

Pattern; Classic Cardigan by Debbie Bliss
Yarn - Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino
Button from stash - I suspect from Studio 54 in Blackrock
I cast this on probably about 2 years ago & it has been languishing for want of a lot of sewing in ends. The pattern is unnecessarily complicated - it has you knit the front & back sections separately, from bottom to underarm, & then join & complete the top. I am convinced, based on patterns from her Essential Baby book, that Debbie Bliss creates her patterns based on sewn garment shapes rather than taking full advantage of knitting techniques. This time I knit from the bottom to underarms in one piece. If I am to make this again, I will re-work the numbers & work it from the top down in one piece with added-on button bands.

Pattern; Offset Wraplan by Sara Morris
Yarn - Malabrigo Rios.
Buttons from This is Knit
I knit this at the tightest recommended tension for the yarn - 22 st per 10 cm. 
This was my first time using the yarn & it is lovely & squishy. However, the garment seems to have grown wider after a wash. I attempted to knit a 9 months size, but this seems wider than my almost-3-year-old niece. It's intended for my own bump in progress & will do as an outer layer in the winter months, I hope!

Pattern; Offset Wraplan by Sara Morris
Yarn; Debbie Bliss Rialto DK
Buttons from stash
The pattern as written seems very short in the body, so I just kept knitting for an extra inch or so.

Pattern; Beyond Puerperium by Kelly Brooker
Yarn; Louisa Harding Kashmir DK
Buttons from Hickeys
Another one started a very long time ago & abandoned in the UFO box for the longest time. This finished cardigan is about a 3 months size, so I'll likely keep it for my own. I tend to give gifts in bigger baby sizes to allow room to grow.
This brings my finished baby cardigan count for the year so far to 13 (including languishing UFOs). Now I just have to make sure they all get to their intended recipients in a timely manner - before the child grows too big!

Comments

Popular Posts