Newgrange in Autumn

Ooh look. Photos I took ages ago & never shared.  These pics are from a fairly recent trip to Newgrange with The Fella. It was a lovely clear autumn day.
I love this tree; it looks like it's about to come to life like something from Lord of The Rings.
Near the foot of that tree... lots and lots of spider webs on the grass glistening in the sun.  I've never seen anything like it before!
Inside the Newgrange visitors centre, there's a display that includes clothing from back in the olden days - flax & nettle fibres...
and some dog hair - turns out 'Chiengora' is far from a new concept!

Comments

  1. Never been to Newgrange, would love to go! Next on the list now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photo of the tree against the blue sky, it's breathtaking. It's been a while since I've been to Newgrange, but I really love it there, it feels peaceful, like a connection to the past.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts