The Haul (RDS Knitting & Stitching Show)

Last weekend, I suspect that almost every fibre crafter in the country was at the Knitting & Stitching show. I recently realised that I had barely knit any of the yarn I bought at the show last year so was determined to not go too mad. In fact I didn't buy any yarn for myself at all. I was impressed with the new pattern kits on sale at the This Is Knit like the Slushie Cowl but decided against purchasing just for now.  I focussed on picking up fat quarters & half metres of fabric for some simple sewing projects.

I think my favourite buy was this set of 4 owl buttons from Pippa Blue. I have no idea what I will do with them, but they were too cute to pass up.

I also hit the Oliver Twists stand and picked up some brightly coloured wool intended for a needle felting project...
And some silvery threads intended to become festive decorations.
I also picked up some tweed fabric from Magee Clothing - the woollen fabric feels really substantial & weighty to touch. I have no idea what this will become yet, but had to try it out.
Of course, once I got home I had great fun arranging my fabric bundles in complimentary colours... perfectly normal behaviour! I have already started to use some of it -more details later.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts